10/01/2014

DRAPE

First of all, a very happy new year to all my followers and readers. Hope it has started off wonderfully and that your Christmas was brilliant too! I have had a lovely break from University, being surrounded by family and friends! But this week, it's back to normal and all the hard work. I'm suffering from an awful cold and cough at the moment though, so not a healthy start to 2014 - especially when I had the perfect mindset to cut back after all the food I indulged myself in over Christmas but when you're ill, you need all the comforting food to help restore yourself!
Anyway, first post of the year is relating to my new project: drape. A hand made technique, that adds a whimsical feel to a garment. I've been browsing online the best pieces, whether a slight drape feature or a main drape feature, to bring a bit of fluidity into your wardrobe!

Left: Draped dress - £45. Right: Draped asymmetric dress - £65 - Both from & Other Stories
Left: Side drape merino jumper - £55. Right: Draped jersey dress - £59 - Both from COS
Left: Draped top - £39 - & Other Stories. Right: Front drape skirt - £59 - COS
Left: Front drape top - £39 - COS. Right: Ceylon draped crepe and twill dress - £280 - Acne
Left: Draped jersey dress - £565 - Alexander Wang. Right: Draped asymmetric crepe top - £165 - Helmut Lang
Charlotte x
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram | Tumblr

5 comments:

  1. Great post and I wish you get better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this style. It's really beautiful. I think my favorite piece would be the dark grey front drape skirt.

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy new year as well! I love the items and COS :D
    x J. from I ate noodles for breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited when we first started drape at uni. It's still one of my favourite ways to work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a beautifully draped piece. They accentuate a women's body so well.

    Aileen
    Sex w. Candy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your lovely comments and please always leave your blog so I can check it out, but never just comment to promote your own blog as these will be deleted along with harsh and offensive comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...